04F-16, "Light is the Glue" (December 18)

I got my kit together and hit the road. 0730 on a chilly but sunny Saturday morning, riding my old Ritchey with its trailer loaded with sand sculpture gear. Planned sand sculpture, head full of plans and ideas.

The day wasn't the best. The sculpture's design didn't work; sunset light isn't bright enough for the effect I wanted. It fell over anyway due to engineering problems. Cracks showed when I was about 85% complete so I cleaned it up as best I could and took some pictures. I hoped it would last until after the sun set, but it failed about 15 minutes early.

Build number: 04F-16 (lifetime start #298); monolith on standard riser
Title: "Cracked Pot with Light" (for Debbie Novero)
Date: December 18
Location: Venice Breakwater, on the flat
Start: 0745, construction time 7.25 hours (to impending failure)
Size: 42" tall, 21" diameter (Latchform), immersion screened low-tide sand
Helpers: none
Digital Images: 20 or so, with Canon EOS-1D Mark 2
Photo 35mm: none
Photo 6X7: none
Photo volunteer: Jenny (Nikon film camera)
Video motion: none
Video still: none
Video volunteer: carving by Suzi Zimmermann, with interview; more by Joe w/XL2
New Equipment: none
Comments: cracked about 1430; cleaned it up as best I could. Failed 15 min before sunset

Click on an image to see a larger version.








Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?